Production of multi-material and multifunctional panels from multipolymer waste
Wielkopolska Region - PL
The case study will develop a waste stream of mixed plastics PC and PI produced in the recycling of LDPE waste. The LDPE recycling process is carried out with the use of water therefore, multipolymer waste is processed with washing, therefore the final product is clean and homogeneous. The waste to the landfill will have to be reduced, especially if it is made of plastics. There will be a reduction of energy consumption in production processes in comparison with materials previously offered on the market. The manufactured product will have better properties than those available on the market now.
- Reduce waste in the landfill, especially if it is made of plastics.
- Manufacture a product of comparable quality with those available on the market now.
- The general research proposal will therefore be a recommendation to choose the technology of multi-material and multi-functional production in order to influence the environment to the smallest possible extent.
- Unlimited access to the raw material stream. Additional revenue from the collection of multipolymer waste from suppliers.
- Final product ready to use.
- The product currently has market substitute, so there is competition.
- Therefore, one should carefully approach sensitivity analysis.
- It should be noted that the process is energy and water-intensive (Environmental energy production costs against environmental landfill costs)
pilot progress and news
This section is currently being updated